Fulfilling the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) , hereinafter referred to as "RODO", the controller informs you about the principles and your rights related to the processing of your personal data.
I. Data controller
The controller of your personal data is Statistics Poland (GUS) with the registered office at al. Niepodległości 208, 00-925 Warsaw.
II. Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be reached:
- by regular mail to the following address: IOD GUS, al. Niepodległości 208, 00-925 Warszawa;
- by e-mail to: IODGUS@stat.gov.pl.
To the DPO should be referred only matters relating to the processing of your data by the controller, including the exercise of your rights under the RODO.
III. Purposes and legal basis of personal data processing
1. Personal data of the passive participants of the Conference, in the following scope will be processed on the basis of Article 6(1)(c) of the RODO, i.e. the processing is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation on the controller in connection with:
- article 25 sec. 1 points 16 and 17 of the Act of 29 June 1995 on public statistics (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2023, item 773) in order to popularize knowledge about statistics and conduct scientific and research activities, research and development works in the field of methodology of statistical research and classification standards as well as applications of mathematical methods and computer science in statistics;, in connection with the organization of the Conference, and in relation to the archiving of documents under the b)
- the provisions of the Act of 14 July 1983 on the national archival resources and archives (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 164) and the provisions of the Regulation of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage of 20 October 2015 on the classification and qualification of documentation, the transfer of archival materials to the state archives and the suppression of non-archival documentation (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 246)
for the purpose of organizing the Conference, including registration of participants and providing administrative services to participants of the Conference and archiving documents.
2. Personal data of authors and co-authors of the speeches who are and are not participants of the Conference (including whose data were provided when registering the abstract by another co-author) will be additionally processed pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 letter c) in connection with the provisions of the Act of February 4, 1994 on copyright and related rights (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2022, item 2509);
3. The personal data of active participants of the Conference in terms of image/voice will be processed pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 letter a) of the GDPR, i.e. the data subject has consented to the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes, in order to document the course of the Conference, including use in promotional materials and publications in the media from the Conference, as well as other promotional materials of the General Office statistical;
4. Personal data of participants reporting a special need in connection with a disability will be processed additionally on the basis of:
- 6 sec. 1 letter c) GDPR, i.e. processing is necessary to fulfill the legal obligation of the administrator resulting from the provisions of the Act of 19 July 2019 on ensuring accessibility to persons with special needs (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1062);
- 9 sec. 2 letter b) of the GDPR, i.e. processing is necessary to fulfill the obligations and exercise specific rights by the administrator or the data subject in the field of social protection, in connection with art. 30 of the Act of 19 July 2019 on ensuring accessibility for people with special needs (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1062)
in order to provide participants of the Conference with architectural, information and communication or digital accessibility.
IV. Source of personal data
Personal data is obtained directly from the data subject, and in the case of co-authors who are not Conference participants, personal data is obtained from the abstract submission form filled out by the active participant.
V. Recipients of the personal data
In relation to the processing of your personal data for the purposes set out in section III, your personal data will be processed by:
- the entities cooperating with the controller in the organization of the Conference and the storage of Conference-related documentation, including providers of technical and organizational services that enable the organization and conduct of the Conference;
- an unspecified group of recipients in connection with the image captured on photographs and the image and voice recorded on films or voice recordings from the Conference, as well as making them available without territorial and time limitations by means of reproduction and public display, streaming and sharing, also through the Internet.
Your personal data may be made available only to bodies authorized under the provisions of generally applicable law.
VI. Period of retention of the personal data
Statistics Poland, being a public administration unit, is subject to the provisions of the Act on National Archival Resources and Archives, as well as documentation collected as part of performing statutory tasks. The period of data storage results from the applicable at the above-mentioned administrator of the Uniform Material List of Files and as of the date of the clause is 5 years.
The image captured on photographs and the image and voice captured on films or voice recordings of the Conference the purpose of documentation of the Conference, including the use in promotional materials and publications in the media from the Conference, as well as other promotional materials of Statistics Poland, will be stored without the time limits.
Your identification data will be stored in the application provided on the website for a maximum of 12 months from the date of registration.
VII. The rights of the data subject
You have the right to:
- access your personal data, including the right to obtain a copy of that data;
- rectify (amend) personal information;
- withdraw consent, in the scope of processing based on consent - the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing which was made on the basis of consent before its withdrawal;
- restrict the processing of personal data;
- lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (to the address of the Office for Personal Data Protection, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw), if in your opinion the processing of personal data violates the provisions of the RODO.
VIII. Voluntariness of providing the personal data
Your provision of personal data is voluntary and necessary for the purposes set out in Section III, in particular the participation in the Conference..
The consequence of failing to provide personal data regarding the registration will be the inability to participate in the scientific conference Methodology of Statistical Research MET2023 in Warsaw, July 3-5, 2023 and/or to publish or present a paper as part of the scientific conference Methodology of Statistical Research MET2023 in Warsaw, July 3-5, 2023
In the scope of data for which the basis for processing is consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of processing performed before the withdrawal of previously given consent.
Withdrawal of consent is made by sending a notice of withdrawal of consent for the collection and processing of my personal data to the e-mail address: MET2023@stat.gov.pl. Please indicate "WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT" in the subject line.
IX. Automated decision-making, including profiling
Your personal data will not be profiled or subject to automated decision-making.
X. Transfer of personal data to a third country or international organization
The administrator does not share your personal data with entities based outside the EEA and international organizations.
 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Official Journal of the EU L 119 of 04.05.2016, p. 1, as amended).